racial health disparities
It is sadly understood that there exists in this country health care disparities for individuals of different race. This translates to disparities in health and disease outcomes.
The extent of this problem is astounding:
1) African Americans and Native Americans have higher overall mortality rates than any other group.
2) The death rate from all cancers in blacks is almost one third higher than whites
3) Eight time as many blacks have AIDS compared to whites
4) Blacks are twice as likely to die from complications of diabetes than whites
5) Hispanics and Native Americans are twice as likely as whites to develop diabetes
More information is free available at:
keywords: health care disparities, race, mortality, cancer, diabetes, hiv